Professor Scileppi Interpersonal Communication Endowed Scholarship
Professor Emerita Patricia Scileppi was born in Brooklyn, New York and moved to Riverside as a teenager in the 1960’s. First as a student, and later as a faculty member in speech and interpersonal communications from 1969 until her retirement in 2007, her commitment to the institution was unyielding. Throughout her career, she impacted the lives of thousands of students as a teacher, role model and mentor. The Professor Scileppi Interpersonal Communication Scholarship was established by her friends and colleagues to support future students who share her passion. It is awarded to a continuing or transferring RCCD student who has a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Basic requirements and reviewer notes:
• Major: No specific major required
• Cumulative GPA required: 3.0
• Financial need required: No
• Student activities, volunteer work required: None required
• Other special requirements: Applicant must have completed coursework in interpersonal communications (speech, drama, debate).