CalRTA - Riverside Division 21 Scholarship
The mission of the California Retired Teachers Association (CalRTA) is to protect and advocate for retired and active educators’ pensions and other retirement benefits, and to support education in our communities. CalRTA-Riverside Division 21 was organized and affiliated with CalRTA in 1950. There are currently more than 400 active members of CalRTA Riverside Division 21, with the majority living in Riverside and surrounding cities (Moreno Valley, Alvord and Val Verde Unified School Districts).
• Student must be currently enrolled at RCC and in good academic standing at the time of application.
• Student must be graduating with an AA degree (in any discipline) or transferring to a four-year college/university when the award is received.
• Student must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50
• Student must have financial need, as determined and verified by Financial Aid.
• Student’s essay responses must demonstrate a deep interest in pursuing a career in Education, including but not limited to classroom teachers, school counselors/psychologists, or other careers in the K-12 school system.